Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Blessings

What a special day Mother's Day will always be to me, for the special gift and blessing of getting to be a mother and now not to just one precious child but two, for the rich blessing of having such a beautiful legacy set before me in my mother and grandmother who love their family and above all else love their Lord, for the gift of gaining a loving and thoughtful mother in law when I married Justin and for the gift of all the other lovely women in my life who encourage me as a mother and as a daughter of Christ!

My day began with chocolate donuts in bed, Ava went with Justin to get them and came running down the hall yelling "mommy we got you donuts mommy!" She was so proud and happy to have gotten me something she knows I love and I'm sure the fact that she loves them too had something to do with it. Ava painted me a beautiful canvas for me to hang very proudly in my office at work. Justin treated me to a manicure and pedicure, gave me a certificate for date night of my choice and got me a lovely new dress.

My allergies kept us home from church but after some extra sleep and allergy medicine I was feeling better. We ate lunch at grandmother and papa's where the guys treated us to homemade burgers, french fries and ice cream! And I went back for seconds on all of it! We were glad the Muzechenko's got to join us for lunch and the girls got to play for a while. After we let all of that delicious food settle we decided to take a dip in the pool to cool off from this 100 degree weather. I even got in a little nap on the glider on the back patio. It was a lovely Mother's Day!




No comments: