Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Little Blueberry


My littlest love,
What a gift you are indeed! As your Nana said, it’s like God handed you to us on a silver platter. Our whole family is still just beaming at the news of your expected arrival around Thanksgiving! We will have so much to be thankful for! Right now you are only 7 weeks and about the size of a blueberry. Today we got to see you for the first time and hear your precious heartbeat, what a wonderful birthday gift for your daddy! You were measuring exactly to the size you should be for your due date, November 23rd. Dr. Mascarro said everything looked just perfect, very reassuring words for us all.

It is amazing how different and how similar this pregnancy has been to my pregnancy with your big sister. Physically it has pretty much been identical- lots of nausea, sleepiness, many food turn offs, indigestion and many trips to the bathroom at night. Mentally it has been quite different, with your big sister we were much more aware of the possibility of pregnancy and had worked much harder and waited much longer for it to happen and therefore I think it sank in much faster but this time wow it was such a surprise I think I still at times have to remind myself I’m not dreaming!

I have so many dreams for you my littlest love and having now experienced motherhood I think it only adds to the moments I look forward to with you- that first moment when I hold in you in my arms of which I’m convinced is one of the sweetest moments we are ever given in life, the quiet moments in the night when it’s just you and I together, watching your big sister and your daddy fall in love with you and so many more. I can’t wait to see your tiny little features and see who you are going to look like and watch your little personality develop. I will say I’m hoping you’ll get a few more of your daddy’s characteristics because your big sister and your mommy are both very stubborn, strong willed females but I know God and I know from experience He knows what is best. He knew exactly when you should be conceived, He knows if you should be a brother or sister for your big sister, He knows if you should be laid back and easy going or strong willed and determined. He knows just what our little family needs! I can already see I’m probably not going to do quite as well at documenting my pregnancy as I did with your big sister now that I have her keeping me busy but always know that doesn’t mean I love you any less! You are already loved more than you can know, I always thought my heart might burst with love for your big sister and now I have two of you to love and my heart just keeps expanding with more capacity to love! I can’t imagine in 7 months when I’m holding both of you in my arms the joy and love my heart is going to be exploding with!
I love you little blueberry!

Mommy

No comments: