Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Double Birthday Dinner

April carries on our families spring season of birthdays, two very special people in our family, Justin and my mom. April 7th was Justin’s birthday. Ava and I made him homemade cards this year since she loves any excuse to play with markers and colors and we gave him a Lunatik watch band for his new iPod Nano. I think he was pretty happy with his gifts. We celebrated that night at Perini’s with his dad. Unfortunately my “all day sickness” caused us to have to cut the evening a little short and head home early but at least we got some bread pudding to go!

Justin and my mom have birthdays 4 days apart so this year we did a double dinner for them at grandmother and papa’s. Papa made his famous steaks and they were as good as ever! Grandmother made mom’s favorite chocolate cake and I made Justin’s favorite yellow cake with chocolate icing although as you can see from the photos my cake had some issues since I put the lid on the dish while the cake was still warm! Oh well at least it tasted good!



No comments: