Sunday, November 14, 2010

Visions of Sugar Plums...


Today Ava Kate and I got to share a fun afternoon together at the Sugar Plum Fairy Tea. Those of you that know me very well, know that I LOVE dancing! I love the Nutcracker! Therefore when I was pregnant with Ava and got an invitation in the mail for the Sugar Plum Fairy Tea I was already dreaming of the day I'd get to take her to it. Linda, Jill and Caroline were sweet enough to invite us to join them. I tried to prepare myself that Ava was still a little young and might not be all that interested yet. That was not the case at all though, she loved it, every bit of it! She got to pick out her first Nutcracker doll. When we walked in aand sat down nd she saw the plate of pink sweet treats and the pink punch she was in heaven, if you know Ava very well, you know she LOVES to eat! She was not all that interested in the style show or silent auction presentation but performance began and the Sugar Plum Fairy came out and started dancing she was mezmerized! She oohed and aahed and sat with her mouth wide open while the dancers presented a short version of the Nutcracker. She would clap enthusiastically after each song, it was priceless! She took a couple of pictures with the dancers but was a little timid of some of them especially the little Harlequin dolls. We had such a fun time and were both so captivated with the ballerinas we came home and put on her ballet dress and tiara and we danced around the living room together. I love making sweet memories with my little sugar plum!


















3 comments:

mattandshell said...

That looks like such fun! So glad you were able to take Ava and make special mom/daughter memories. Isn't it wonderful having a girl!

Robyn said...

Priceless!

Kimberly said...

so fun!