Friday, November 5, 2010

Ava-Isms

I can't believe how much more Ava is talking now, it seems like everyday brings at least one or two more new words or phrases. These are just some of the latest.

Ya Ya!- her way of saying yes particularly when she really wants something or likes an idea
No Ya!- I like to say no better but yes I really do want that!
My name A-uh Cake!- My name is Ava Kate
Boo- this is what she calls a cow and is her version of Moo!
I want coke!- She said this very clearly last night while pointing to the soda fountain at Schlotzsky's! She's only had tastes of our cokes a handful of times so I'm not sure how she already learned this.
Bye-ee!- for a while it was Hi that she loved to say to everyone and wave and now it is Bye-ee!
Hoppy- this means happy and if she says it while putting her fingers on the sides of her mouth and smiling it means she wants to sing If Your Happy & You Know It! This one melts me!
Au-bee!(with lots of inflection in the bee)- her version of Aubrey
Stu-sah- this one cracks me up everytime, it's her version of Justin and she is usually saying it when Justin is in another part of the house and I need him so I'm hollering for him to come help me and she tries to mimic me
Beebees- Babies, she loves her baby dolls
Mose- more, we hear this a lot when she's eating!
Stop!- especially when standing in her high chair , think she has heard us say this a time or two?
Sows- shows, she often says this at 6am when she comes and gets in our bed and points to the TV because she wants to watch Little Bear
Snick- snack, no explanation needed
Kitty kitty- usually referring to Nana & Pop's new kittens
Pump-ins (lots of inflection in the pump)- Pumpkins, at first she called them pumps
Sues & socks- shoes and socks, she loves both, she loves to put on her shoes, my shoes, Justin's shoes and walk around the house in them
Peak- this is what she calls pigs and her piggy bank, one of her favorite things is to put money in her piggy bank, maybe she'll be a better saver than her mommy! When she sees money laying around the house she picks it up and says peak
Hu-oh- Hello, what she says when she is playing with our phones

No comments: