Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's the happ, happiest season of all! I think you all know how much I love this time of year! Here is my top 10 list of the activities and things I love most about Christmas (in no particular order)!
1) The Christmas Story! Without it there would be no reason to celebrate, no reason to hope and with it comes everything- Jesus, my savior, my life, my hope, my faith,my purpose, my joy!
2) Traditions. I love traditions, I love the memories my mom created for me as a child!
3) Christmas decorations especially my nostalgic Christmas tree. It's nothing fancy or elegant but it is covered with ornaments that remind me of special moments throughout my life!
4) Christmas lights. There is something so beautiful, magical and peaceful to me about Christmas lights. They are the perfect reminder of the hope, peace and beauty that the light of Jesus shines!
5) Christmas music. I get giddy the first time I turn on the Christmas music!
6) Christmas movies. Some of my very favorites are White Christmas, Elf, Christmas Vacation, Muppet Christmas Movie, The Christmas Story
7) Family. I love that we get to spend so much time with family at Christmas!
8) Children. There is nothing like experiencing the magic and wonder of Christmas through the eyes of a child!
9) Festivities. I certainly enjoy all of the festivities with friends, coworkers and family that Christmas brings.
10) Sharing. I love that Christmas seems to bring out the spirit of sharing in people. I love taking part in Angel Tree and Operation Christmas Child and other opportunities to share and serve others.

No comments: