Friday, November 20, 2009

Eight Has Been Great!

What fun we have had with our funny bunny the last month! She has reached some big milestones this month.

1) Probably the most exciting is she is sleeping all night in her crib now, from 7:30pm to somewhere around 6am. She seems to love bedtime and the routine. As soon as she hears the bath water running her head turns toward the hallway and her face lights up and she starts kicking those little legs. She loves to splash and play with her toys in the tub! She most always is very happy to be laid down in her crib to go to sleep. It has been nice for Justin and I too to have some time to ourselves again in the evenings and to get a full nights sleep again! We went from 3-4 feedings a night (yes still waking up to eat this many times at 7 months) to no middle of the night feedings.


2) After what seemed like several months of teething she now has two little teeth coming through. I love the way her little smile looks now with those two teeth popping out. She is getting to enjoy more new foods now too although I’m pretty sure mashed potatoes are still her favorite!


3) She is also starting to learn to drink from a sippy cup and loves to do so. You can just see by the look in her eye that she thinks she is so big when she does.


4) She gives kisses now which is probably my favorite of this months milestones. Of course they are pretty slobbery and open mouthed kisses but they sure are sweet!


5) She has really started to mimic us more. She loves to pat everything- people’s heads, faces, legs, the floor, the bathtub, just about anything. She likes to give five now too.


6) She had her first night away from mommy which I’m pretty sure was harder on me than her. I went with my mom on an overnight women’s retreat with her church last Friday and Saturday. It was a good time with my mom and a time of being reminded of the need to feed myself spiritually everyday. We were away from each other just a little under 24 hours but it was starting to feel like an eternity to me. I was so happy to see that sweet face when I came home. Grandma and daddy did a great job keeping her busy- she even went grocery shopping!


7) She gets to ride in her big girl car seat now. It is still turned backwards for now but she really seems to like riding more upright and being able to see out the windows better. Just another milestone that makes me realize how quickly my baby girl is growing up!


8) She is really starting to get curious about her surrounding or as some like to say getting into things! She loves to be in her walker and the ability it gives her to explore the house more freely. She is having lots of fun looking at mommy’s pretty things and doing her best to get hold of them! I can see that her increasing mobility is going to keep her daddy and I on our toes!

2 comments:

Rachaellh said...

She is just gorgeous! I love her little teeth and beautiful smile.

Robyn said...

i love those slobbery kisses too! she's too sweet and i can't wait to see her this week!