Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crazy about Christmas!

It is taking everything in me to keep from putting up the Christmas decor early! I love Christmas! Don't get me wrong I love Thanksgiving too but Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. I think it is because my mom always made Christmas such a special and memorable time for us growing up. She started lots of special traditions and I have been so anxious to continue these with my children one day as well as start some of our own. So you can only imagine how excited I am about Ava Kate's first Christmas. I bought an advent calendar this year and I have decided instead of filling it with gifts it will be filled with daily family activities and will incorporate our traditions. I am going to do my best to document our daily advent activities with a photo and blog post. For now to settle my itch to start decorating I went ahead and hung the advent calendar. Only 9 more days until the activities begin!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Please post what you do each day! Maybe over Thanksgiving, we can talk about your ideas and mine and we can come up with some really fun things for our kids. I'm doing this with my boys too!!!

PS- Love the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Cute new pictures. You are the best looking family!