Friday, July 17, 2009

An Extra Special Day!





Funny Bunny,
Today you are 4 months old and one year ago today I found out you, my greatest dream, was coming true! That makes today an extra special day at our house. The last four months you have absolutely been a constant source of joy to your daddy and me. I don’t think we had any idea a year ago today just how much we were going to love you. You have taught us more about ourselves and about who we want to become. Because of you we both have a desire to become better parents, spouses and Christians all because we want only the very best for you. Each month brings with it new experiences and memories with you. As I look forward to the future months and experiences I also get a little sad that another month has gone by already and another stage is gone. You are at such a fun stage though right now- so responsive and curious to what is going on around you. In honor of your 4 month birthday I made a list of my favorite things you are doing now.

4. Our bedtime routine of watching daddy give you your bath and massage, praying as a family, reading a bedtime story and sitting in the rocker feeding you in your nursery has become one of my favorite times with you. The night before last was the first night you slept through the night (yippee) and we were hoping for a repeat last night but I guess you had other plans!

3. It makes me so happy that you love music already! I have always had a passion for music. I truly think music moves the soul, at least it does mine. I am thrilled we stumbled upon Elizabeth Mitchell’s music for families because I wasn’t sure I could endure some of the baby music that is out there. And I’m even more thrilled that you seem to love her as much as I do. I love that as soon as I turn on her music in your nursery your head immediately turns towards the ipod speakers and your eyes get wide. Even more I love it that when I start singing along and dancing with the music your face just lights up. We are going to have so much fun singing and dancing together when you get a little more mobile!

2. I love that you are laughing out loud at me and they are big laughs now. It is one of the most precious sounds I’ve ever heard. I love that you think I’m funny or maybe it isn’t funny but more like crazy since I’m usually in your face talking in some sort of funny voice and shaking my head when you laugh at me. Oh the things we do to try and amuse you!

1. I don’t think anyone can make me feel as special as you do. When I come home from work and you get your first glimpse of me and your eyes light up and that big, beautiful smile is all over your sweet face and you lean out as if you are reaching for me it totally melts me and makes me feel like a million bucks.

Happy 4 month birthday lovey! Thank you for the joy you bring to my life every day!

Love,

Mommy

Listen to My Laugh!









1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I remember that day, sitting on the beach, waiting for your call. I still thank God for the miracle He gave your family one year ago.

And look at her now...She is beautiful!!! You deserve every happiness you recieve from being called her mother.