Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3 Weeks Old

Tuesday we celebrated Justin's 31st birthday and Ava Kate's 3 week birthday. Justin picked papa's steaks for his birthday dinner and brownie sundaes. It was a delicious meal and a fun time of celebration with all the family. Last week we went to daddy's work for the first time to meet all the sweet people he works with and they gave us a baby shower. We received lots of nice things and enough diapers for several months which was a huge blessing! Friday we went to lunch with Nana and then Ava Kate went to Target for her first shopping trip. I can only imagine there will be many more of those trips to come. If she is anything like her mommy Target will be one of her favorite places to go. Saturday mommy got to go get her hair done and daddy went to play golf while Nana babysat. Ava Kate also got to go to her cousin Keller's soccer game for the first time that day and she slept through the whole thing. Keller wanted all his teammates and friends to meet his little baby cousin as he calls her. He sure does love Ava Kate! Yesterday we went to see Dr. Wiley because we thought she might have acid reflux and sure enough she does so we got some medicine that already seems to be helping her feel much better which makes mommy and daddy feel a lot better too! She weighed 9 lbs and Dr. Wiley said that is impressive and she was 21 inches long. I can't believe how fast she is growing! We have been enjoying our time together at home and as you can tell I don't get a lot accomplished other than hanging out with my little lovey. Nana came over today so I could run some errands and get some things done around the house like getting this update posted. Pop likes to stop in at lunch most days and get a little Ava Kate time in before he goes back to work. I'm so glad we made the decision to move back to Abilene a few years ago because having family nearby has been a real blessing! Grandma is on her way to town for a visit as I write this. I know she has been counting down the days until she gets to see her sweet Ava Kate again.
Mommy couldn't wait to get this on me!
I love to look out the window at the trees from my changing pad. It's my happy place!
Helping daddy blow out his candles.
Have you really got that camera in my face again?
What has she put on my head now?
Look at all those diapers!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Seems like everyone is adjusting beautifully! She's getting prettier by the day.

Anonymous said...

yea! a new post, she is as beautiful as ever. Sorry about the acid reflux Haylee had it too, but by 4 months it was gone, so I will hope the same for you. we did zantac and mylanta. Hope to see yall tomorrow at Joanna's bday party?
I can't wait to love on Ava Kate. I can see why you have a hard time getting anything else done. She is so sweet. There is nothing like your first baby, and nothing like a little girl!!!

Lindsey said...

she is sooo sweet and i love the bows! can't have too many of those. glad you are enjoying time with her.

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

She's the same length as the plate of brownies!! That's too funny! ;) She's such a perfect combination of you and Justin! Just beautiful! Hope you guys have a great Easter weekend.