Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Countdown is On!

I’m now 31 weeks- yippee! I saw the doctor today and everything looked great! She said Ava Kate is head down although that could change still in the coming weeks. I am exactly where I’m supposed to be on weight gain even though I did gain 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks which made me panic a bit at first. I have definitely noticed that my energy level has dropped off significantly and getting up at 6:45 or 7:00 every morning is a challenge so needless to say I haven’t been getting to the gym in the mornings. We have been walking pretty much everyday though and with some of these gorgeous days we have been having in the middle of January we have had some really beautiful walks through the neighborhood that felt more like spring. The other day I told Justin it was just so pretty outside and I had my music going and it really made me want to break out and run but I decided I should probably refrain and not start training for another marathon until after she arrives safely! Actually I don't think I'll ever train for another full but I'm contemplating training for a half with one of my best friends Robyn as a means of getting myself motivated to get back to my normal size after Ava Kate arrives. I also started daydreaming the other day when we were walking and it was feeling so much like spring of getting to put her in the stroller and go for walks/jogs together through the neighborhood this spring. According to friends I am carrying pretty high which is contributing to some major heartburn and acid reflux these days. As you can see in my 31 week photo some major growth has happened in the last few weeks. This picture is almost strange looking because you can really see at the top of my ribs where my belly is popping out and let me tell you I can really feel it at my ribs where it is stretching. Justin has been wonderful though giving me a foot, back or rib massage every night and sometimes all three. We started our childbirth classes a couple of weeks ago and that has been pretty enlightening. This week we have our breastfeeding class and I know Justin is really looking foward to that one. I've also been reading up on lots of newborn books and filling Justin in on all the tips I'm learning. I have multiple spreadsheets I'm using to be sure we get everything done before she arrives. Yes I know how nerdy that sounds and I also know we will never be as ready as we think we might be no matter how many spreadsheets and checklists I prepare! We've definately been spending more time at home just resting up for the days ahead. We did go to our Sunday school social last Friday and I even bowled and it seems that pregnancy improves my bowling skills. I actually had a strike and a couple of spares which never happens for me- I typically spend all my time in the gutters. The cravings have really started to kick in and they are not exactly the most nutritious choices. I am normally not a big chocolate fan in fact I'll almost always go with a fruity dessert over a chocolate one but not these days. Saturday morning chocolate donut runs have become a regular thing around here. I also love brownies and hot chocolate. We are planning our last hurrah this weekend and going to visit our friends Robyn and Jerrod and their kids on the ranch. Robyn is already planning a delicious menu for the pregnant lady and she is a very good cook so I'm really looking forward to it! Today I picked up the last of Ava Kate's bedding and it turned out beautiful! The mattress has not yet arrived so we'll have to wait for it to get here to really get it all on the crib but I went ahead and set it up as much as I could for a photo. Her nursery is almost complete. Now the countdown begins as we just await the arrival of our precious pearl!
31 Week Belly!
Bumper pad and dust ruffle
Pretty curtains!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

the nursery is so cute! glad everything is going well. i lived on zantac the last few months of my pregnancy for heartburn... 1 everyday. the day avery was born the heartburn went away! crazy, huh?

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

Her nursery is just beautiful! You guys have done a great job. I remember the saturday morning donut runs too, we stopped going after Audrey arrived! Have you read the book The Happiest Baby On The Block yet? Actually, they have it on video also and it's so helpful I think. It demonstrates techniques to use for newborns when you can't stop their crying. It was very helpful for us! Sounds like you're having a great pregnancy, and your little belly is so cute!