Monday, January 5, 2009

Aubrey's Top 8 Blessings of 2008

Happy New Years!
I hope you all have a very blessed 2009! I can only imagine that it will become one of the best years ever at the Jarrett household. As I reflect on the past year I realize just how blessed I am and want to share some of the best blessings in fact we’ll call it Aubrey’s Top 8 Blessings of 2008!

8. Good jobs- Justin and I are both blessed with great jobs. We work with people that genuinely care about us. Of course this last year with all the Lubbock trips we both had to be away from work quite a bit and both our jobs were so good to work with us through all of that. Also in light of the economy I know we are both just very grateful to have jobs.

7. Good health- Although I had some nausea and have had a couple of sinus infections this pregnancy has been really easy compared to what I have seen some friends go through. This Christmas season I saw a lot of families around me suffer with either the loss or illness of a loved one. I am so grateful that our family has been blessed with very good health.

6. Good insurance- Last year we were blessed with new insurance at work which ended up covering the large majority of our two IVF cycles. In 2007 we were still thinking IVF would probably not be an option and that we would be adopting. Things can change drastically in a year.

5. My nurse Kristen and the rest of the doctors and nurses that have helped us through this journey to become parents. Without Kristen I might have had a mental breakdown especially through the first IVF. She was not only there as a nurse but a friend. When she called with the wonderful news she rejoiced with me in fact I think I heard her crying tears of joy with me.

4. Prayers, love and support of you, our family & friends- When our first IVF failed I went through some of the darkest days of my life. I really didn’t know how I was going to survive the heartache and pain that I felt. I still remember when my mom came over the day we found out our embryos from our first IVF were all poor quality and she brought me a very special piece of paper. On that paper was an email that had the names of people that had signed up to cover us in prayer for a whole day during that IVF cycle. Some of my dearest friends had planned and coordinated the whole thing. It brought me to tears to see how many of you were praying for us and in the difficult days and weeks that followed knowing that was truly a comfort to us both. This journey has taught me so many things- patience, humility, and more but one of the greatest lessons I have learned is the power of prayer. Thank you for your ongoing support and prayers- we are so blessed to know each of you!

3. Justin- I’m not sure I would have survived some of the hard times in 2008 without you, my loving and supportive husband, at my side. Although at times this last year seemed like the hardest year we have ever faced together I also realize it was our best year as a couple. I have a tendency to be very independent which is not always good especially for a relationship. This year I really realized I could not be independent and get through the difficult times. It would take the love and support of many to get me through those times and you were always there. Even when you were hurting and grieving you were always a rock for me. You truly follow the Lord’s example of loving. You love so selflessly. You are an example to me of what it means to love as Christ loves. I love you!

2. Ava Kate- my sweet bird, my miracle, my daughter, my dream come true, one of my greatest gifts of love from God. Never in my life have I longed so deeply for something as I did for you. These last six months have been the greatest so far in my life. I can only imagine the months and years to come will be equally as wonderful if not better. I already love you more than I ever imagined I could!

1. A faithful and purposeful God- “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11. This verse has been a great source of hope, comfort and peace for me for the last 5 years. There have been many verses and quotes that I have clung to over this difficult journey but none like this one. Knowing that I have a heavenly father that loves me so much He would allow his only child to die for me and that He has a specific plan and purpose for every part of my life is the most hopeful thing I could ever imagine!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You have had a year full of blessings and I can't wait to see what your list looks like next year. We are so thankful to God that He has sent you Miss Ava Kate. We love you all dearly.