Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sweet Ava Kate

You are truly a dream come true, a miracle and one of the greatest joys I have ever known! I am so thrilled to be able to write this specifically to you now. I love being able to call you by your name now. Your name has been chosen for over 4 years. Ava means “voice or like a bird” and Kate means “pure.” I love your name- the way it sounds, what it means and most of all that it’s yours. I always knew we would one day have our Ava Kate. After all your nana has referred to you as Ava Kate since before you were conceived. You see your nana really needs a little granddaughter to have tea parties with. When I was a little girl we used to have wonderful tea parties in my bedroom and we would set the table and sometimes your pop, my dad, would bring me flowers home after work so we would put them on the table. Of course there were some empty chairs so my stuffed animals would join us. One day you, me and your nana can have a tea party together at that same little table that we still have and saved just for you. There are a lot of people that are very excited about you! I know your grandma is going to be burning up the road between here and Houston and she will enjoy spoiling you rotten! You are going to have lots of fun with her. And between her, your daddy and your grandpa you are liable to be a little golfer! And the men well lets just say you are going to have several men wrapped around your tiny little finger. Your daddy is so excited to be getting his Ava Kate! He already loves you so very much! Your pop and grandpa while they might pretend to be tough and nonchalant, they are both softies at heart and let me tell you little girl you are going to melt their hearts. In fact I bet you already have! Of course there are so many others in our family that are just as thrilled about your arrival- your grandmother and papa, aunt Natalie, aunt Lisa and uncle Steve just to name a few! Even your cousin Keller who was adamant that you were a boy is very excited to meet his new cousin Ava Kate. And I know Lila is thrilled as well because she has been telling me for a while now that she hoped I was having a baby girl because she had a box of socks to give you. You are one very loved baby girl! Ever since I learned you were my Ava Kate I have been dreaming of things like rocking you to sleep and singing you lullabies, dressing you up for photos, having tea parties and enjoying having a partner in my Saturday morning concerts for your daddy. I’m also having a lot of fun planning out your nursery. I love little birds and nests and anything robins egg blue so I’m going to paint your walls robins egg blue and make your room very vintage and girly! In fact I stopped in Its About Time on Monday when I got the news and I picked up a few things for your nursery already. I want to create the perfect “nest” for my sweet little bird. You can see in the pictures below we have already been accumulating things for your room and you have some darling little girl clothes already too. Of course it wasn't all us- your grandma and nana have already been shopping for you and we have received some really sweet things from friends as well. Sometimes it is hard to imagine that in 5 months or less you will be in our arms. For so long you have just been a dream in our hearts and now you are a reality. We are so thankful for you and count you as one of the greatest blessings we have ever received from the Lord. Every moment of waiting and wishing and wondering when we would be blessed with you was worth it. We didn't know if we would conceive you naturally, with help or if we would adopt you but we both knew we would one day have our Ava Kate. God always knew His plan for you though just like He knows His plan for the rest of your life! The day I get to hold you in my arms for the first time will be the greatest day I have ever known! I love you my little songbird!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are going to be the best parents ever! Congrats again on Ava Kate!