Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Miracle!

Since I started this blog I have been amazed at how many people have contacted me and said they were going through a similar experience or knew someone that was. I always trusted that God was not allowing us to go through this incredibly difficult and painful journey without purpose. I truly believed one of the main purposes was so we could be there for others who were hurting and going through the same thing. Through this blog God has really allowed me that privilege. Today I found out one of the girls that had contacted me is now pregnant! We have been emailing for several months now and even though I didn’t know her all that well before she contacted me she is someone I share a very special connection with now. She has become a friend. As I waited today for her results I was going crazy. She had really been on my heart this month and I had been praying for her a lot and just really wanted this to be the month for her. Finally this afternoon she emailed and told me her good news! Praise God for yet another miracle!

I have really started to blossom in the last week or so and I think when I post my 20 week tummy picture you will see much more of a difference. I'm feeling lots of stretching going on. I also think I have started to feel Ava Kate move in the last week. It is so fast that I second guess myself but I’m pretty sure that is what I’m feeling. I'm so anxious to start feeling her all the time and for Justin to be able to feel her. My mom found her journal from when she was pregnant with me and we realized her due date with me was only 3 days before my due date. She first felt me move right about this time too. It was neat to see how alike parts of our pregnancies have been. She can hear my voice soon if not already so I'm going to start reading to her at night and singing her lullabies. I'm 19 weeks today which means I'm almost halfway there which in some ways blows my mind. It seems like just yesterday I was still longing to be pregnant and now here I am 4 and a half months away from getting to hold my little miracle in my arms!

It has been a really fun week. Last week my mom and I went and picked out fabric for her bedding which was so much fun since that is something we’ve been dreaming of getting to do for a long time now. Saturday Justin and I pulled the crib out of the garage and cleaned it up and got it set up. We weren’t sure if we were going to have all of the pieces so we wanted to go ahead and set it up to be sure we weren’t missing anything. It was definately a team work event getting the crib set up. You'll see in the pics below Bella and Oscar decided to join in on the fun. We found we were missing one "small" piece- the springs that the mattress sits on- kind of important. Luckily my dad found it in their attic so her crib is all set up although we’ll just be taking it back down in a few weeks so Justin can get it painted. That afternoon all my family went to the pumpkin patch which was quite an adventure. Ethan and Keller were not all that interested in being there so we took a few pictures and were on our way. It was fun to think that next year Ava Kate will be with us. Sunday after church we went to Old Navy and bought her a few outfits for next spring including a precious little tutu skirt! I also learned about a wonderful website called www.etsy.com. I have spent many hours on there since I found out about it. If you haven't checked it out you really need to. This week I went and picked out her changing table and side table to sit by the rocker at a cute little place called The Furniture Junk-It. The lady buys furniture at garage sales and flea markets and repairs it and paints it whatever color you want with an antique finish. It is very cute, shabby chic and reasonable! I also took the fabrics for her room and picked a beautiful rose color paint to put on the walls. Of course her nursery is still an office full of all Justin's sport memorabilia so his Thanksgiving break will be busy getting the office cleaned out and ready to become Ava Kate's nursery. I can't wait to watch it all come together and become the perfect nursery for our precious baby girl!

Fabric for Ava Kate's bedding, rocker and curtains

Bella and Oscar looking at Justin as if they were asking "What are you planning on putting in there?"

Ava Kate's crib courtesy of Aunt Natalie- this was her crib as a baby!

Two little farmers!

Happy to be at the pumpkin patch!

Ready for a nap!

3 comments:

Hannah S. said...

I am so glad we got to visit this week. LOVE the fabrics for Ava's room. I can't wait to come to Abilene next week! Joanna is really excited to see you. Love you!

andydawn said...

We couldn't be more excited for Jenny!

I love love love the fabrics you have chosen for the nursery so sweet :)

Kimberly said...

I love the crib--- why didn't I see that when I was in Abilene? And the fabrics are just what I was thinking. It's going to be such a sweet retreat for your sweet girl.

Love you,