Thursday, October 16, 2008

Abundantly Blessed!

Well I missed the 16 week update last week so here we are at 17weeks. The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy. The last month has definitely gone much faster than the first few months did. The baby is now the size of a baked potato. Its skeleton is starting to turn from cartilage to bone. It weighs about 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long. I am feeling lots of sensations but I think what I’m feeling are the ligaments in my uterus stretching but still not feeling baby moving yet. It is exciting to think that I could start feeling that anytime now. With all the different sensations I have going on though sometimes it is hard to know what I am feeling. My belly is definitely starting to pop out there more. I’ve included an updated belly photo below. There is quite a bit of difference since the last photo. This coming Monday we have our next appointment with my doctor and might get to have a sonogram if she has time. If not we will have a sonogram in about 3 weeks so we should know in the next few weeks if we are having an Ava or an Eli.
17 week belly!

Last week I had a stomach bug and it took me most of the week to get over it. I finally got my appetite back this week. It was a little scary because I was worried about the baby and if it was getting all the nutrients it needs but everyone kept telling me the baby was getting everything and I was the one not getting the nutrients which would explain why I was so weak and tired last week. Last Thursday evening we had my work party which was a Roaring 20’s Murder Mystery Dinner. It was a pretty interesting evening. I played the sultry jazz singer and Justin played the sleazy politician. It was fun to see everyone all dressed up and out of their normal character but I wish I had been feeling a little more lively. I am on the event planning committee at work so it is always nice to see our hard work paid off and I think it did. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and liked that we did something really different this year.
Yes that is a blackeye (a fake one) and a wig and with that greased back hair Justin really looks the part of a sleasy politician doesn't he!

Sunday was our 6 year anniversary! We had a wonderful weekend together. Saturday morning I had a very relaxing massage and facial and Justin brought me home the most beautiful flowers. That afternoon Justin and I went camera shopping and got a new SLR camera so we are ready to take lots of photos come March. Of course we went to get one camera and got there and we were talked out of buying it and into buying the bigger one. I have to say I am very pleased with our purchase though. That was our anniversary gift to each other. Sunday Justin woke up with a bad migraine so we stayed home from church and I decided to prepare a romantic dinner at home rather than go out for our anniversary dinner. I woke up with a burst of energy that day so I put on a pot roast with potatoes and even seared it before putting it in the crockpot this time. I’m always trying to achieve a roast that is as good as my mothers but never can get one to turn out quite as good as hers. This one was pretty close though. I also made a broccoli rice casserole and yeast rolls to go with it and Justin’s favorite chocolate chip cake. I made a little playlist of some of my favorite love songs and pulled out the china and candles for dinner. I think it was our most romantic anniversary so far and I had the most fun planning it all for him. Looking back on the last 6 years I can definitely say year 6 has been the best so far. Even though we went through some really difficult times this year especially with the failed IVF, we grew closer than ever. I think we have settled into who we are and we have really learned to love each other for who we are. I couldn’t imagine life without Justin. He is my best friend, my strength and my calm. He takes care of me and loves me more than I could have ever asked for. As I look at our life together I know God has blessed me abundantly!
My beautiful anniversary flowers!
Our romantic candlelight dinner!

Fall is here! I have really enjoyed the cooler weather this week. Partly because I was just ready for it and also because the maternity clothes I have bought have mostly been for cooler weather so it has been fun to get to start wearing them. Fall and spring are my two favorite seasons. I always get so happy when the weather starts cooling off and I start thinking about making a big pot of homemade chili, being able to put on cozy sweats in the evenings, curling up with a cozy blanket and watching my favorite shows and of course putting out my fall decorations. I'm afraid this year I may only get as far as decorating the front porch with flowers and pumpkins though.
Our fall front porch!

1 comment:

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

I started feeling Audrey at week 17...so get ready! It's the most amazing feeling in the world!! You're going to love it. And by week 19 Aaron could feel her move. I can't wait until you guys find out what you're having!