Friday, November 16, 2012

Nutcracker 2012- Ava Kate's First GNO

This year when I first mentioned going to the Nutcracker with Ava Kate she exclaimed "it's going to be a girls night out!"  So that gave me the idea to invite all the girls in our family for a girls night out of dinner and the Nutcracker.  She talked about it all week long and asked everyday if it was time for the Nutcracker.  I ordered her a fancy new dress to wear and told her it was supposed to arrive the day of the Nutcracker.  I started getting nervous that afternoon when it hadn't yet arrived but after we picked up Jett we got home and found the brown package on the front porch.  She was so excited to open it and she loved it!  She put it on right away and not only wore it that night to the Nutcracker but the next morning to go get donuts, the morning after that to church and even Monday morning while she ate her breakfast before she had to put on her school uniform.  We let her choose where we would eat dinner and her choice was Johnny Carino's.  It was Ava Kate, my mom, Justin's mom, my sister, my grandmother and  myself.  She loved having all of the attention at dinner.  We had seats right next to our friends Caroline and Jill so the girls were excited to see each other.  She loved watching all of the dances and had lots of questions and comments throughout.  It was kind of a late show so in the final scene she crawled up in my lap and said I'm ready to go home.  She barely made it through that final scene and my pretty sugar plum was alseep in the car soon after we got in! 





















It was such a fun night making memories with my sweet girl and our family!

No comments: