Saturday, September 17, 2011

2.5

Two and a half has brought with it a lot of milestones and changes.

First, our big girl is now potty trained! Whew potty training is not for the weak of heart and I'm not sure who decided mixing potty training with the 2's was a good idea but we survived and I'm so thankful now we went ahead and got it done before Jett arrived! We had lots of incentives like a sticker chart which earned Ava Kate some froggy rain boots the first time she filled it up. And the second time she filled it up she got some pink and brown cowgirl boots thanks to Grandma! She really did do great with it and it only took a few days for her to be pretty much potty trained although we have had a few accidents. And there is something so adorable about seeing her run around the house in her big girl panties!


She also started at a new school, St. Johns which she is loving! It has been one of the best choices we’ve made for her to move her there. She comes home so happy and really enjoys all the learning and activities and her friends there. And momma thinks she is an absolute doll in her uniforms!


She recently had her first sleepover at Nana and Pop’s house and was such a big girl about it. She asked about mommy and daddy a couple of times but other than that no tears and she had a ball!

She has become quite the talker and inquirer. She keeps us entertained and on our toes. Here are just a few of my recent favorite quotes and stories about her.

One Sunday recently mom and I were walking down the hall with Ava Kate and a little girl walked by in a skirt that resembled a tutu. Ava said "wow, momma wook (look) her wook like a badewina (ballerina)" and then she proceeded to drop her head and make a pouty face and say "I never get to be a badewina!"

She also has quite the imagination lately. The other day she took her juice box and turned it into her nail polish and started painting her toenails and then mine with the straw.

She has really become more of a daddy's girl than she has ever been and watching her and Justin together is priceless!




When she wants something, she says "Can't you?" for example, "Can't you get me a snack?" or "Can't you pick me up?"

She loves to role play and her favorite role play game lately is pretending she is the mommy and her lovey (wuddy) is going to school and I’m the teacher. She tells lovey “Okay lovey mommy going to work now but I come back to pick you up in a little bit.” Then she pretends to drive away and soon after returns to pick lovey up. She asks me, the teacher, “Her had a good day?, Her peeped in the potty?, Her share with her friends?” And after I respond yes she tells lovey “Oh wuddy, I so pwoud (proud) of you!” or “Good job wuddy!”

She also loves to go in my closet now and put on my clothes and shoes and sometimes underwear and prance around the house in them.



The other night we were laying in bed and I was singing her lullabies and had been singing “Nighty night” which was a lullaby my mom used to sing to me and I decided to switch to “Jesus Loves Me” when Ava said “No, sing night night baby! That’s my favorite momma!” Talk about making me melt and you can bet I sang it at least 20 times till she fell asleep.

She is really talking more and more about Jett and will come up and rub on my tummy or lay her head on it. Of course other times she jumps on it, sits on it, elbows it. I haven’t quite figured out if that is some jealousy coming out or if she just hasn’t grasped the idea that she needs to be gentle with me right now. When we ask her about Jett’s arrival she says “I’m gonna hug him and hold him and snuggle him!”


She is my sassy, snuggly, inquiring, girly, bossy, sensitive, bright eyed, accessorized, affectionate, smart, manipulative, curious, expressive, polite, artistic, opinionated, funny, rambunctious, curly headed, stubborn, dramatic and loving little girl! I wouldn’t change a thing about her, well, except maybe getting her to sleep all night in her own bed! She brings us laughter, joy, love, adventure and much more! Being her momma is the greatest blessing and joy I’ve known so far in this life! I look forward to that doubling in a couple of months!

No comments: