Tuesday, March 22, 2011

24 Facts About My Favorite 2 Year Old!

It is hard to imagine it has already been 2 years since I was holding my little 7lbs baby girl in my arms. I am not sure how I feel about that, part of me wants you to stay my little baby forever while at the same time each new stage seems to bring with it more laughter and joy. In fact lately it seems you bring more laughter to our life than anything, you constantly have us laughing with the funny things you say and do. In honor of you being 24 months old I’ve decided to share 24 facts about you.

1) Sometimes when I ask you a question instead of just responding with a yes you respond, “Yes sir captain” complete with a salute and I have no idea where this comes from but it cracks me up everytime!

2) You have started singing a lot lately and it totally melts me, you love to sing “Happy Birthday” and I love the inflection in your voice when you get to the last verse. You also sing “Itsy Bitsy Spider”, “5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed”, “Jesus Loves Me” and “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”

3) Anytime we start to pick up your toys lately you start singing “The Clean Up Song”.


4) You are sleeping all night lately, this is not always consistent and when you wake up in the morning I bring you to our bed and we either snuggle and fall back asleep or watch a show, I love this time of the day with you!

5) When you really like the way something tastes you say “uuhhmm, it’s uhlicisious!” (delicious)

6) You still love Little Bear and Olivia but you also love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now too.


7) You are very polite and say please and thank you most of the time, which makes your mommy very proud.

8) You are stubborn and often throw big fits when you don’t get your way, and I don’t have any idea who you get this part of your personality from.


9) You are finally starting to play on your own more and it is really cute to watch you playing in your little kitchen and cooking for your babies or reading books to your stuffed animals.

10) When you get in trouble or are doing something you know you shouldn’t be often you’ll put your hands up to your mouth and start laughing sheepishly and say “Ava Kate’s funny!”


11) Since you don’t always stay in time out when I put you there, I recently had to introduce the spanking spoon and the other night at dinner after daddy got onto you for something you picked up your dinner spoon and said “I got a fanking foon daddy!”

12) You have already picked up a bad trait of mine, a deep affection for shoes. You especially love to try on other people’s shoes!


13) When you smile and tilt your head and look up at me with those sparkly eyes it totally wrecks me!

14) When you leave with daddy in the morning and I say “I love you” you holler back “I wud you too!” and those are some of the sweetest words I’ve ever heard!


15) You take your shoes off constantly, in the car, at school, at Kidzone. It is a constant battle we have.

16) You have gotten attached to your “wuddy” (lovey) again recently especially at bedtime.


17) When you do something to hurt mommy or that makes me upset or sad you look up at me with those worried puppy dog eyes and you usually will say “sorry” and then you often say “you happy now mommy?”

18) You used to just let me lay you down awake at bedtime after we said our prayers together and you would fall asleep on your own but now you usually want me to stay a while and pat or tickle your back till you fall asleep.


19) You love to play chase and hide and seek and you say “I getchoo mommy (I get you)!”

20) You are pretty crazy about Buzz Lightyear and anything Toy Story.


21) You like to say “wow, bootiful” (beautiful) now and it’s one of my favorite things to hear you say.

22) You have no interest in potty training yet.


23) You love to say “monser (monster)” and “goss (ghost)” and say both in a deep whisper with a funny look on your face.

24) You keep getting more and more of those beautiful curls and I will never be able to bring myself to give you a haircut for fear of losing them!



It’s all of these 24 facts and a million more that make me love and adore you the way I do and even though the first time I saw you I thought I might explode with love and could never love you anymore, somehow my heart finds more room for that love to keep growing every day! I love when you’re happy, I love you when you’re sad, I love you when you’re tooty, I love you when you’re mad, I love you when you’re laughing, I love you when you’re crying, I love you when you’re smiling, I love when you’re fighting, I love you every way, I love you every day, I love you more than words can express, I love you my precious little mess!

Love ,

Mommy

No comments: