Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Just One Year…



The love in my heart for you has multiplied! I have loved in a way I’ve never loved before, as if my heart is walking around outside of me.

You have taught me a great deal about who I am and who I want to be especially in my role as your mommy.

You have gone from a 7lb 6oz baby to a 26+ pound toddler.

I went from knowing very little about you and how to care for you to knowing all your funny little ways, how you will respond to certain situations and people, how to calm and comfort you, how to make you laugh, what you love to eat and on and on.

You went from a tiny little baby that had to be carried everywhere to a little girl that can pretty much get anywhere she wants to in one way or another.

You went from being too small to fit in a size newborn to wearing a size 18-24months.

I went from wondering if I would survive the newborn stage to wondering when I’ll be blessed with another one.

You went from only being able to cry to communicate to saying Dada, outside, Oscar, who’s that, right there, I get it and attempting to say many more things, in fact most mornings you wake up talking.

You went from hating your baths to kicking your legs in excitement when you hear the bath water running.

At one point I seriously forgot I too had a birthday coming up in March for being so consumed with planning you the perfect 1st birthday.

You developed a love for music and dance that appears to be as deep as mine.

I went from having a plan and schedule in mind for you to being a much more go with the flow mommy than I ever dreamed I was capable of being.

You went from a pretty colicky and fussy newborn to a very happy and social little girl.

You went from having pretty much no hair to having a head of sweet little curls.

I went from saying I’d never let a baby sleep in my bed to having a hard time putting you in your own crib at 7 months.

You went from giving us little grins to huge smiles!

I went from someone who in her free moments liked to sit down and veg on the couch with my favorite TV shows to a person that cannot sit still and just watch TV and has deleted most of her shows from the DVR.

You went from no teeth to four teeth with two more pushing through as I write this.

You had about four ear infections, one sinus infection, an eye infection, hand, foot and mouth disease and the flu, all of which broke your mommy’s heart!

You have forever changed my world and I can’t even remember what life was like without you. You color my world with laughter, beauty and love! You are one of the greatest blessings God has given me! I love you Ava Kate!

Mommy

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Loved everything about this first birthday party!