Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Funny Valentine


Today we got to celebrate our first Valentine’s Day with Ava Kate. We made some Babycakes for her MDO class. She got a pretty rose with a balloon and bear from Grandma and Grandpa and her favorite yogurt treats and a soft pink bear from Nana and Pop and from us she got two books, a Valentine’s rubber duck and a dress. I suggested to Justin that he and I not celebrate Valentine’s with each other and instead each plan a random day during the year for each other, a Just Because I Love You Day, and just make Valentine’s Day about Ava. He was thrilled with this idea however he didn’t really stick with it. He and Ava spoiled me. I love the canvas sign they made me with her handprint and the beautiful flowers from Ava. Justin also got me another Sugarboo frame with the chorus from “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder, a song my parents sang to me when I was a baby and we sang some to Ava. We enjoyed a weekend at home together and a big lunch at Chilli’s today, complete with dessert which Ava went bananas over.














1 comment:

Robyn said...

i'm so glad you got to celebrate valentine's day with your sweet family. you deserve to be spoiled!