Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflecting

As I sit here and try to reflect on this time last year I'm finding it is hard to remember what life was like. This time last year although Ava Kate was growing inside of me she was still some what of a dream. Now I can barely remember my life before her. What did I do with all my time, who provided me hours of entertainment, who did I lavish all this love I feel for her on, who did I give all the hundreds of kisses and squeezes I give her a day, who with one little smile could make me feel so loved, who made me feel so needed because only I could meet all their physical needs? This past year has definately been a year full of blessings. From a very smooth, pregnancy, labor and delivery to a beautiful, happy, health baby girl that has captured our hearts, brought us so much joy, taught us patience, become our favorite entertainment and past time. We are also thankful for health, not just that Ava Kate has been so healthy and our own health but our families health as well. We had some scares this year and we are so grateful that God has again given our family good health. We are blessed that Justin finished his masters degree and the future opportunities that will bring. We are blessed with great jobs, a warm home, loving and supportive family and friends and a God that loves us and takes care of us far beyond what we ever deserve! Of course we never claim to have the perfect life, perfect marriage or even (can't believe I'm saying this) the perfect baby but we do recognize the blessings we have been given and we are so grateful for them! We look forward to the blessings, joys and opportunities for growth of 2010! Happy New Year!

No comments: