Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Day of School (Mother's Day Out)!

Last Tuesday was Ava Kate's first day of school or Mother's Day Out. The night before we got everything ready and laid out her first day of school dress. Our morning was going great and we were actually running a little early. I had the car all loaded and went to get Ava and smelt something familiar. I picked her up and out of her diaper dropped a piece of poop. I lifted her dress and saw a lovely blow out all over her and her dress. We managed to get the mess cleaned up and a new outfit on and still got to school pretty close to on time. Ava Kate is always happy to see new people and happily went to Ms. Vicky. We had gone the week before to her Meet the Teacher and she seemed to love all three of her teachers and so did mommy. We started the day off with no tears at all from myself or Ava. I was so excited when 2:30 came and I got to go pick her up. I had been wondering how her first day had gone. I walked in and there she was crying, red faced, puffy eyes, tears streaming and her shirt soaked from her tears. My heart broke! I managed to hold it together while her teachers explained she had a rough first day and had not napped very well because everytime she would fall asleep another baby would cry and wake her up. After a couple of minutes of holding her she finally calmed down and I knew when I put her in her carseat she was going to be upset again and I was right. Thank goodness she was too tired to be upset for long and she conked out in the car and slept for almost two hours. While she was getting her much needed rest I got my cry out. Thursday I was nervous and sad about leaving her, more than I had been Tuesday. Before we left Ava Kate and I sat down together and said a little prayer that she would have a good day and be able to nap better. Once again I dropped her off with no tears and she happily went to her teachers. I kept wondering all day how she was doing but I knew if I called and they said she was upset I really couldn't just go and get her everytime she cried so I refrained from calling. I was so glad when 2:30 finally rolled around and I hurried to go pick her up. This time I walked in and there she was sitting in the floor playing and looking at herself in the mirror. Her teachers said she had a much better day and had napped a lot better. I was relieved! They were so sweet to go out and buy some sleep sheep for the babies crib to help drown out some of the sound of the crying babies. We are blessed that she has three very loving, caring teachers.

Outfit #1 before the big mess!
Outfit #2- sitting in my new room looking all big!
Saying goodbye to mommy!
Ms. Vicky
Mrs. Erin

1 comment:

brittneykeesee said...

Glad her second day of school went better, I know how stressful that must have been on you both!! Also, love all of her cute outfits, she is always the best dressed baby!!!