Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Weary Mom

I am a weary mom! It really hit me this week. After being back at work for almost 6 weeks now I’ve missed at least 1 day a week sometimes more. One or both of my two littles have had Fifths Disease, RSV, Ear Infection, Sinus Infection, and the latest was the flu which myself and about 11 other family members also had. I have an almost 4 month old who is still waking up to nurse 2-3 times a night. Both sweet snuggly babies are still sleeping with us which I sometimes love for all the sweet cuddle time but most nights I wake up in a mommy sandwich between the two of them and I’m soaked in sweat because their tiny little bodies seem to radiate a lot of heat. Not to mention it doesn’t leave a lot of alone time for mommy and daddy in the evenings. I have a strong willed almost 3 year old, that alone could qualify me for the title weary mom. I am feeling a lot of guilt because my precious 3 year old more than likely has some cavities that we are going to have to get filled and I know many times I let her forego brushing her teeth simply because I didn’t want to have to battle with her. Having the flu seemed to do a number on my milk supply so we have now gone through all my frozen supply and I may have to supplement a little which is something I never had to do with big sister. I have a birthday party to plan. I have a to do list at home a mile long that I never seem to be able to get to. I haven’t been able to get back into any kind of consistent exercise. We get home from school and work and it feels like we play for a few short minutes and then its time to plan dinner, pack lunches, take baths, do laundry, pick up the house, put everyone to bed and start all over. So all that being said…. I am a WEARY mom! And I stop and think how do I work through this, how do I resolve this and there lies my problem “I”. “I” am a WEARY mom and “I” can’t fix this. Thank goodness I don’t have to try and fix it. So instead what I’m going to do is lay it at His feet, trust Him for today, stop worrying about tomorrow, about the growing to do list, about the milk supply for tomorrow, about the sickness tomorrow may or may not hold, about the sleep I may or may not get, about the battles with my 3 year old I may or may not have. His mercies are new every morning, He will give me the grace I need for today. I’m going to whisper His name in those moments I feel like I can’t give anymore because He is more than enough for me.

7 comments:

Hannah S. said...

I love this ebook! http://www.hopeforthewearymom.com/
I found it while going through a weary time and loved it. I love the MOD Squad site too. Hang in there! Love you!

Aubrey said...

Thanks Hannah! I actually have been following the MOD squad and have the ebook. I love it! Very real, very encouraging! Love and miss you friend!

Baby McMinn said...

I am right there with you except Greg sleeps with Stone & Slate is sleeping through the night. That being said colic is still here and the teeth are coming in so screaming and slobber. Plus welcome pool season not sure how we will pull it off this summer with 2 at work but we will figure it out. Your not alone.... It is hard and sometimes not fun but we will enjoy the ride....

Eric and Lauren said...

Aubrey, as a mom in waiting... thank you for your honesty. It is a relief to know that as a mom you can't and won't be perfect all the time...you won't have it together all of the time...and there will be days that you are just weary. And of course, you are right... we must rest in the Lord. Why do we struggle to do it on our own strength?? Just know that you sharing gives me and many others the opportunity to pray for you, to struggle along side of you, and to remember and rejoice together that we are the children of an Amazing Father!!! "For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me!" Colossians 1:29

mattandshell said...

I really enjoyed reading this Aubrey, it is so true. I can identify with your words. It is quite overwhemlming at times. He wil carry you through this weary time.He will give you peace and rest when you need it most. Love you sweet friend.

Kimberly said...

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Praying that your weariness is removed by the overwhelming power of His love and His grace. He is sufficient for you, Aubrey and you are an inspiration to so many.

I can't help with the nights or the sickness, but I'd love to help from Waco. Let me help with party items, if there is something I can do.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your honesty. We ALL go through this at times but dont talk about it much. It was so great to see you yesterday and your sweet strong willed 3 year old:)

I look forward to a GNO with you soon....hang in there mom...the days are so long but the years go so fast!