Sunday, January 8, 2012

2 Months

I think having a baby right in the middle of the holidays makes the time go by twice as fast because it seems like just the other day I was awaiting my sweet boys arrival and now here he is already 2 months old! What a joy he is to our family and what joy he brought us through the holiday season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying motherhood is all roses and there are many moments when he is screaming or wanting to eat again when it is has only been an hour since I fed him last that I'm not exactly feeling joyful but the love and completeness he brings to our family of four far outweighs the stress and weariness I sometimes feel. He really is a pretty happy baby! He does have reflux like his sister did which at times seems to upset him but he is definately not inconsolable for hours like Ava Kate was as a newborn. He has started sleeping 4-5 hours for one stretch of the night which feels amazing to get 3-4 hours of sleep in a row! Big sister didn't do that until she was 10 months old so this is a whole new thing to us. He is sleeping with us, guess as much as we say we won't be, we end up being a cosleeping family and while it has its disadvantages I do love snuggling with my littles and I realize they will only be little for so long. He has really started interacting with us the last few weeks, giving lots of really big smiles and cooing a lot! I love this age he is getting into. He is also starting to fill out and get a little more chubby which this mommy loves a chubby baby! Big sister is really adjusting pretty well. Anytime I start baby talking Jett though she wonders off and finds an old passy and puts it in her mouth and goes into baby mode hence the reason you'll notice some photos below of her with a pacifier in her mouth even though she hasn't used one in over a year. She does love her brother and first thing in the morning she wants to come snuggle with him. Being two though she is often just busy in her own world and doesn't always pay him a lot of attention. And talk about love, he loves his sister and gives her some of his biggest smiles and coos! It is probably only a coincidence but he also seems to smile with this gleam in his eye when she is getting in trouble! He is definately a mommy's boy although that could just be because I'm his only source of food but very often I'm the only one he wants holding him which can be sweet and at times exhausting. He still likes his nap nanny, he loves the swing lately too and he likes laying on his changing table and looking up at the pictures hanging above it. He has found the ceiling fans and loves to flirt and coo at them. I think he had his first crush on his cousin Lila, he loved her! He is such a snuggly, cuddly, sweet baby boy and he has definately filled our home with an extra helping of love and joy!

2 Month Photo Shoot with Mommy




























Playing on his activity mat, he loves this monkey!
Lily was so excited to hold him, she is going to be a great big sister to Ruby Grace!
Napping on daddy, my two boys!

Snuggling with sister!

Sleepyhead
My two babies!
Ready to play in the little bit of snow we got!
And here is sister with his paci in her mouth!

First nap in his own room, he isn't too fond of his crib yet!
Sister is already making him play dress up with her...
... and baby dolls!

Actually enjoying his bath for once!
Two cuties!
My chubby monkey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOO cute! He looks so much like Ava...and Justin...and just getting so big! Loved catching up on your blog, but yes in person would be much better!!!