Sunday, November 6, 2011

JLA Breakfast with Santa

This morning Ava Kate, Nana and I went to the JLA breakfast with Santa. We really weren't there to see Santa so much but the ballerinas from the Nutcracker. Last year I took Ava to the Sugar Plum Fairy Tea where she got to watch part of the Nutcracker and meet some of the ballerinas. I had hoped we could go again this year and maybe even go to the Nutcracker ballet but being that it the tea is just a few days before my induction date and the ballet is a few days after my induction I really didn't want to buy tickets that we very likely would not get to use. So when I heard that the Nutcracker ballerinas were going to be performing at the Christmas Carousel Breakfast with Santa this weekend I knew it would be a better option for us.

We even got to sit with our friends Erin and Aubrey and Caroline and her Honey. First we got to make some yummy yogurt parfaits together for breakfast. Ava Kate really just wanted to eat the entire tub of cool whip, who can blame her! Then we got to learn more about how different countries celebrate Christmas through the different dances of the Nutcracker. Ava Kate was fascinated with the ballerinas and full of all kinds of questions about each one. She wanted to be sure she could see Santa to be certain that he wasn't getting anywhere near her, she has never been a fan of men with facial hair, especially big white beards! After the ballerinas peformed we got to go around and get stamps in her passport from the various countries the ballerinas represented and get a little gift from each country. Ava was a litttle shy when the ballerinas wanted to take a picture with her. She did love twirling around on the dance floor though!

It was a fun little outing for us to share before her baby brother gets here. While I'm so anxious for him to get here I also have moments of feeling a little sad about my days alone with my girl dwindling. So I am hoping to get in as many fun memories these last days we have before he arrives and this turned out to be a really sweet one! I love that my girl already seems to share my love for dance and music!

After the breakfast daddy came to get Ava Kate so Nana and I could do a little shopping at Carousel!















No comments: