Sunday, April 4, 2010

Who Do You Say I Am?

Today we celebrated Easter! We had a garage sale this weekend along with several other activities and amongst all the hustle and bustle of getting everything done I realized I had neglected to take much time to reflect on Easter and the death and resurrection of my Savior, Jesus. David's sermon was just what I needed to hear, a sermon that was all about reflecting on who I say He is. So hear is who I say He is… my hope, my Savior, my friend, my forgiveness, my truth, my life, my love, my inspiration, my father, my Risen King, my all, my strength, my rock, my redeemer and the One who loves me with a love that my little mind cannot even begin to fathom the depths of, a love so deep He would lay down His life for me, not just die for me but willingly give His own life for me even though He knew how many times I would fail him. I love that He is always faithful to speak even if I haven’t stopped and prepared my heart to hear.

We intended to get up and go to the early service but we were running a little bit behind so instead we baked muffins and enjoyed time together as a family, eating breakfast and seeing what the Easter bunny left for Ava Kate. Then we went to church and enjoyed beautiful worship time and a powerful sermon. I love how much life and joy I feel as soon as I walk in the doors to church every week. We spent all afternoon at grandmother and papa’s enjoying fajitas and all the fixings and watching the kids hunt eggs. Ava Kate had a few practice rounds between hunting confetti eggs last weekend, her school egg hunt & the Pittman family egg hunt so by today she had it down. It was so cute she would walk with Justin to the eggs, pick them up, shake them (some of them had money) and drop them in her basket. I can’t believe how big my baby girl is getting! We were so excited to have my cousin and his girlfriend in town for a quick visit. It was such a gorgeous day outside that we spent the majority of it out on the patio. Then we ended the night with dinner with friends! We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful day of celebration!
Practice round with Keller and Ethan at Nana and Pop's house

All dressed and ready for my egg hunt at school!


Egg hunt at the Pittman's house


Now how do I get this open?
Yummy, M&M drool!
Caroline and Ava- these girls love each other, it is so precious to watch them together!


My pretty dress Aunt Lisa and Uncle Steve got me in Mexico

All set to help with all the landscaping projects.



I love fruit snacks!
Seriously?


Daddy and his girl!


Love these sweet curls!



My Minnie Pearl hat from Aunt Natalie

Ready for the Kentucky Derby!















A little family wrestling to pass the afternoon!


Loving cousin David's new puppy Miles!

No comments: