Tuesday, August 18, 2009

5 Months is Oh So Fun!



I’m amazed at the changes that have come in the last month. Ava Kate is now rolling over, sitting up for short periods by herself, trying and generally liking new foods, laughing and talking more, loving to grab her feet, teething and putting anything she can get hold of in her mouth! Each month just seems to get more fun! I also get a little sad each month as I think about the previous month that has already passed and I can’t get those moments back. I have definitely learned how precious each moment is with our funny little bunny! The other day we went to see some of our friends new baby girl and she was the exact same size Ava was when we brought her home- I really didn’t believe it. I kept thinking there is no way she was that tiny but she was. Life before Ava truly feels like a lifetime ago. I can hardly remember what life was like before we had her. What did we do with our time? This week Justin went back to work and for the first time in all his years of teaching he was not ready to go back. I know the feeling- it is so hard to leave her in the mornings. We know she is in excellent hands though with her Nana. She will be with her the next 3 weeks everyday and in September she will start going to Mother’s Day Out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We finally took her to the nursery at church a couple of weeks ago. Up until then she had still been going to Sunday School and church with us. She did great in the nursery! It was so funny because I was going to take her the week before and I was praying at bedtime the night before that God would give us the strength we needed to take her and leave her and when I finished praying Justin said, “the nursery, she is way too young for that!” She was 4 ½ months old at the time– too funny!

This month we spent a lot of time with family. We helped Natalie and Joel move into their beautiful new house last weekend. It will be fun to have them and Keller and Ethan close by. We also got to enjoy some time with Nathan and Sarah and Lila and Laney. When those two girls are around Ava Kate has 3 mothers on duty! In fact Lila had a slumber party with us Saturday night and boy what a huge help she is! I can see why some people have their children several years apart. She helped give Ava her bath, read her a bedtime story, picked out her clothes and dressed her the next day, watched her while I got ready- it was wonderful to have that extra set of hands. After we put Ava to bed that night Lila and I got to watch Elf and enjoy some popcorn together. I was wishing she lived closer so we could do it more often. Ava really loves all her cousins and when they are all running around you can just see in her eyes that she is really wishing she was big enough to get down there in the middle of them- not much longer and she will be!

Bananas!


Our Ballerina Baby




Hanging Out in Ethan's New Room



Pretty as a Flower!




More Cousin Time!





First Slumber Party with Lila!









Can you tell how much we love each other?

5 comments:

Rachaellh said...

Aubrey,
Ava Kate is truly growing like a weed! I love all of the new pictures.

Kimberly said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Aubrey (and Justin)- Ava Kate is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, she really got the most perfect features from both of you. Can't wait to see her...and you!

Those new pictures show no signs of teeth coming in! Happy birth day baby girl!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the precious new pics, she is so beautiful and that laugh!! How blessed you are.

Robyn said...

She just keeps getting prettier and prettier! Lila is getting so big too (and beautiful)! I remember when she and Lexi were Ava's age. Time flies!

Tiffany said...

She is just the cutest little thing! I think kids get more fun with age! Just wait till she's walking and talking and says her bed time prayers. :) We are blessed!